In Motion Dance Studio
550 Walton Drive
Plymouth, WI 53073
(920) 694 1855
Artistic benefits of dance in young children
One of the greatest benefits of dance is that it sparks a child's imagination and it nurtures individual creativity in a unique way. Dance classes share the joy of physical self-expression in a supportive and structured setting. This can have a positive impact on children who have limited physical abilities, who act out or who have a difficult time sitting still. Involving children in dance also teaches the basic elements of creative movement, such as time, space, rhythm and design. Modern dance does not simply conform to conventional movements, shapes and patterns. Instead, it requires the young dancer to learn movement from the inside out, nurturing the body and focusing the mind. This form of dance especially is welcoming to children of all shapes, sizes and genders.
There is one final reason to get your child dancing
Research proves there is a strong link between involvement in the arts and increased educational achievement. In fact, one study showed that "students who participate in the arts are not only more likely to participate in a math and science fair, but also out-perform their peers on the SATs by 87 points" (www.artsusa.org).
Sept thru May
What can IN MOTION offer your family ?
* Atmosphere - In Motion Dance Studio is focused on providing high quality dance instruction in a safe and pleasant environment. We deliver both the type of dance instruction and overall experience that embraces creativity and spirited movement.
* Faculty - Our Staff at In Motion offers various levels of certification so your child is in the best care possible on the dance floor. Chicago National Association of Dance Masters, Dance Masters of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Dance Council, Milwaukee Ballet, Joffrey Ballet New York, Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, International Tap Association to just list a few.
* Studio - Our facility is over 3500 square feet with 2 dance floors. Spacious Lobby and Dressing Rooms. Both Studios have a professional floating wood sub floor (that is critical in providing safe, shock-absorbent environments and to reduce chance of injury) with Marley overlay.
* Store Front - Located in our Lobby, In Motion sells a variety of shoes (new and used), leotards, skirts, tutus, tights, hairpieces, etc so your child is fitted properly.
* Receptionists - In Motion has a receptionists available to help answer any questions you may have during regular studio hours.
*Our Facility is Handicap Accessible*
In Motion does offer both Drop In Classes and Private Lessons
Please email us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Students that wish to pursue competitive dance will have the opportunity to audition to be in a class where all students are committed to competing.
Being on a competition team means that it is mandatory that you attend the competitions that the studio decides to attend. Competitions must be your first priority over any other commitments. All competition teams will attend 2-3 regional competitions as well as 1 National along with a May Performance at Plymouth High School.
Please visit us during our Open House
Tuesday August 18 4-7 pm
Wednesday August 19 4-7 pm
Thursday August 20 4-7 pm
Saturday August 22 11 am - 2 pm
Please contact us for summer hours
Our team at In Motion would like to welcome you to our website.
In Motion offer classes to all ages and levels. We offer dance classes in both recreational and competitive levels, for ages 1 – adult.
Your dancers will get the personal attention needed to learn and perfect the art of dance.
Our goal is to build a solid dance foundation, with emphasis on the importance of technique in dance, while maintaining a firm belief
that dance is to be fun! We strive for top notch, well trained performers, with strong character, a strong mind and body, good sportsmanship, a practice of loyalty, and the understanding that excellence is not always being the best, but it is always doing your best.
To this end we dedicate ourselves to you.
We know you will enjoy the friendly atmosphere and excitement generated by the entire In Motion staff.
In Motion maintains only the highest standards from our Faculty who all have extensive backgrounds in dance including learning, teaching, performing and competing,
Interested in being a part of our dance family? We would love to set up a private tour and evaluation.
Please call the studio or email us for an appointment.
Register Now for our Fall Recreational Classes
Click Link to the Right to see our Complete Class Schedule
Audition Now for our ELITE Competition Team